Here are some questions that you may have and the answers.
At Grajen Homes, we understand that buying a home can be a great experience, but also stressful. To ensure your new home purchase is a great and memorable experience, our helpful sales and construction team will assist you every step of the way. Below are questions that are frequently asked.
- On average and depending on the community, we require approximate 120-150 Days to build a home; however weather, supplies and other uncontrollable variables can extend the building period.
- Deposits vary from site to site. Please ask your Grajen Homes Sales Representative for details.
- Custom homes are our specialty. Grajen Homes will work with you to customize your home to your needs and wants, provided that construction has not already begun.
- Due to Safety and Insurance Regulations, a homeowner is not permitted to enter any house during any stage of construction unless invited and accompanied by a Grajen Homes Representative. Grajen Homes will arrange two appointments to view the home. One when framing is completed and second during the Pre-Delivery Inspection appointment.
- Unless purchasing a Model Home, the homeowner can select exterior colours (keeping with our Architectural Guidelines) and interior colour selections from our extensive selection. We schedule appointments according to our constructions and closing schedules.
- Quality Laminate Flooring or Solid Oak Hardwood Flooring
- Gas Fireplace with Marble Surround
- Oak Stairs and Iron Pickets
- Staining of Stairs and Railings
- LED Pot Lights
- Upper and Bottom Corner Cabinets and Pots & Pans Drawers for Kitchen
- Granite or Quartz Counters for Kitchen and Baths
- Once you have selected your model and the initial sale is complete. You can arrange a meeting or email a Grajen Homes Representative with your questions and pricing requests, prior to Colour Selection Appointment prices will be provided.
- A 50% deposit is required at time of signing/ordering your upgrades. Balance is due either within 30day of signing/ordering or you can add the cost to the purchase price of your home.
At Grajen Homes, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We have a dedicated team that is very knowledgeable in all aspect of the homebuilding process that is there to address any questions or concerns you might have, from warranty to maintenance, to everyday house concerns. Our Team is here to ensure that our homeowners experience carefree living in their Grajen Home!
- Complete your Statutory 30 Day or Year-End Forms
- Submit your completed form by email to Service@GrajenHomes.com
- Grajen Homes Service Team will arrange any necessary appointments with you and a service expert.
To request warranty inspection
Please note: The submission of an item(s) does not necessarily constitute as a warrantable and/or serviceable item. All items will be inspected by a Grajen Homes Representative to assess whether the item is warrantable and/or serviceable under the Rules & Regulations within the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines.
Please refer to your Homeowner’s Information Package before submitting your request for service to verify your homeowner maintenance responsibility. Excessive non-warranty service requests may result in a service charge.
Once we have received your warranty request form we will contact you to arrange your service appointment. Please be aware that all service appointments are arranged during regular business hours. We will work with you and your schedule to find a most convenient time and date for your appointment.
What is included in your warranty?
The One Year Warranty: Your home’s statutory one year warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the first anniversary of this date. The one year warranty is provided by Grajen Homes and it requires that the home be:
- Constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in material.
- Fit for habitation.
- Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code.
- Free of major structural defects .
Terms such as “workmanlike” and “free from defects in material” are not intended to mean perfection. Reasonable tolerances should be expected.
The Two Year Warranty: Provided By Grajen Homes and covers:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls.
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope.
- Defects in work and materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems.
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding).
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home).
- Major structural defects.
If you experience a problem with any of the above-mentioned items during your first two years of occupancy, please report it to Grajen Homes Service Team immediately, as these are generally considered to be urgent repairs.
The Seven Year Warranty: Your home’s seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD). This warranty begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date. A major structural defect in general terms covers the following:
- Any defect in work or materials in respect of a building that: Results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building.
- Materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element.
- Materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling and having regard to any specific use provisions set out in the purchase agreement for the home.
- The seven year MSD warranty may include significant damage due to soil movement, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure or chemical failure of materials. In addition to the general exclusions described at www.Tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Pages/WhatsIncluded.aspx, the seven year MSD warranty specifically does not extend to elevating devices, HVAC appliances (as opposed to systems), and dampness not arising from failure of a load-bearing portion of the building.
For More Information on Your Homes Warranty please visit www.Tarion.com